Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Called to Greatness?


In Isaiah 6:8, the prophet says: “I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

The Lord was calling Isaiah to something great, and before knowing what it was, he stepped up and said, “I’ll do it!”

Thinking of how you pursue God, what might He be calling you to? Whatever the answer, keep in mind that the work you do, isnt about you, or your glory it is about the work of God, His Kingdom, and how He might be glorified through you.

“Jesus answered, "If I were trying to glorify myself, my glory would mean nothing. It is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, 'He is our God.'” -- John 8:84 ISV

“So then it does not depend on the man who wills or the man who runs, but on God who has mercy.”
-- Romans 9:16 NASB


No comments:

Post a Comment